Sunday, November 19, 2006

I don't even know where to start but here goes.My life is changing really fast and I'm trying to figure out what to do and how to do it. I need to get serious about some stuff that I haven't been taking really serious. I got diagnosed with Diabetes last year and didn't do anything about it. Well I got pregnant this past summer and miscarried. This has happened before so I decided to look further into it.I went to genetic counseling and that did not help much but it got me to thinking about the whole diabetes thing more seriously.
I started seeing a Endocrinologist to see where I needed to start. I didn't like everything he said but he finally gave me an answer that no one has given me. He said you have all the classic signs of PCOS.
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
Syndrome, which effects 5-10% of all women worldwide and is a leading cause of infertility in women. PCOS is characterized by infrequent or irregular menstrual cycles, excess facial hair growth, obesity and infertility.


So the more we talked the more I learned that I have been treating symptoms to a syndrome for a few years now. Well I kinda got a little depressed when he told me it would be very hard to continue trying to get pregnant and stay pregnant unless I was willing to work on the whole diabetes thing. That hit hard. It was like stabbing me in the heart.
I've thought about it for a few weeks and now I am going to try to get serious. I see everyday what my father is going through and he struggles now because he didn't take care of his diabetes until he was in his thirties. My dad is only 47 and he will probably be on dialysis sometime in the near future. That right there scares the crap outta me. I am 25 so that means 22 years down the road that might be me. I don't want to be like that. I want to see grandchildren, have a house to myself, and grow old so I can tell everyone how life was in the old days.
I have decided to start taking better care of me for a change. I want to lose weight, control my diabetes, exercise, and just feel healthier all around. I am going to use this blog to write down my thoughts and feelings as I try to reach my goals. With all this said here are some goals and I'll be adding and changing as things happen.


1) My goal weight is 200 lbs. which means I have about 65 lbs to lose. I have already calculated that 1 to1.5 lbs a week will get me to my goal weight by March 2008.
2) Start eating better so I can control my Sugars. I have already started taking the medication and checking my sugars. I will let ya know how that's going.
3)Start the south beach diet. Which I think is going to be the hardest. I dearly love potatoes and bread.
4) Exercising. OMG!!!! I did this one pretty good last year and lost about 40lbs. So I just have to get back into it. I would like to be going to the gym at least 3 times weekly for 1hr.
5)Reward myself when I do good with something material, instead of food. I use food for everything. Sad, mad,happy,excited, etc We celebrate we eat, we are upset we eat. I just like to eat!!!!!


So now that I have my goals written down I feel that I must try to accomplish them because everyone knows now. I have also written these down on paper. So maybe if Iam serious with myself maybe I can Get Serious.

No comments: